Hazardous Mold Can Begin To Develop Within 24 Hours After Water Damage
With the expertise and reputation of SERVPRO of Westfield, we can handle water damage emergencies immediately, as the threat of potentially hazardous mold can begin to grow and develop as soon as 24 hours after the original water damage.
When a water loss occurs, SERVPRO of Westfield uses specialized equipment like dehumidifiers to dry properties and reduce the humidity levels. This is an extremely important part of cleanup after water damage.
Normal drying methods may be the first thought of the customer, but in most cases, are simply not enough to reduce the humidity levels in a home after a major accident of water loss. Mold is able to grow behind cabinets, walls and under flooring very quickly, so the threat has to be handled by professionals who know how to properly dry flooring, walls, and other fixtures on the property.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If you think that your home or business may have a mold problem, we can assist with having you scheduled for a certified mold test and inspection, with a follow up service to use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 281-761-2373